- “Randomize Questions” under Test Options randomizes all questions in a test. If teachers would like to randomize part of the questions, they should use question set.
- You can choose the number of questions from the question set to show. The questions are then randomly distributed, so each student sees a different set of questions.
Create a Pool
- Access Blackboard Course > “Control Panel” > “Course Tools” > “Tests, Surveys, and Pools”. Click “Pools”.
- Click “Build Pool”. On the Pool Information page, type a name. Click “Submit”.
- On the Pool Canvas, click “Question Settings” to check and modify the settings. Rollover “Create Question”, select the question type (e.g. Multiple Choice, Essay, File Response).
Create a Question Set in a Test
- Once the questions are ready in the pool, access “Tests, Surveys and Pools” > “Tests” to build a new test or edit a test which you have already created. On the Test Canvas, rollover “Reuse Question” > “Create Question Set”.
- Select the pool and the questions. Click “Show All” before you select all questions if the page does not show all questions. Click “Submit”.
- Enter the Number of Questions to display.
Once the test questions are ready, you could add the test to a content area. For more, please refer to Blackboard Help: Add a test or survey to a content area
Please go through the below page as well: Blackboard Online Test Best Practices for teachers and supporting staff