Alternative hosts can start the meeting on the host's behalf.
Prerequisites and Limitations
Please refer to Zoom Help Center: Alternative Host
Designating an alternative host
- Sign in to CUHK Zoom web portal (https://cuhk.zoom.us). Select "Schedule A Meeting".
- In the Alternative Host field under 'Options', enter the alternative host's email address. Click "Save" to finish.
- The alternative host must have a CUHK computing account.
- Before you assign the user as the alternative host, s/he needs to activate his/her CUHK ZOOM account first.
To activate the CUHK Zoom user account, please login CUHK zoom portal at https://cuhk.zoom.us (or https://cuhk.zoom.com.cn/signin for users in mainland China). Click “Sign in” and login via CUHK Login with CUHK email alias and OnePass password. Then, you can add him/her as an alternative host.
- If you would like to assign a user with “@link.cuhk.edu.hk” email address, please input StudentID@link.cuhk.edu.hk, instead of email@example.com.
- The alternative host will receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host, as long as they have not disabled this email notification on CUHK Zoom web portal (https://cuhk.zoom.us).
For more, please refer to Zoom Help Center: Alternative host