Estimated time for study:
2 - 3 hours
This course is designed for absolute beginners. It is composed of three parts:
- Blackboard Quick Start Checklist for Staff Users: a step-by-step guide of the following basic tasks.
- Access Blackboard
- Notification settings
- Explore Courses page
- Create an Announcement
- Add content (e.g., Item)
- Create a Discussion
- Add an Assignment
- Add a Test
- Manually enroll a user in your course
- Set course availability
- Mastering Grade Center: Official user guides (Blackboard Help) and Blackboard Videos that introduce the features in Grade Center.
- Grade Center Basics
- Grading Assignments
- Grading Tests
- Test your understanding: A 20-question quiz for you to check your understanding on the above topics.
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get a sandbox and/or practice course for practicing.
- Some features mentioned in this online course may be different from / unavailable in CUHK Blackboard environment. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com/ ITSC Service Desk (https://servicedesk.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk).
Steps to self-enroll to the course and start learning:
1. Access Blackboard
- Go to https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk
- Login with:
- Username: Your CUHK email
- Password: OnePass password
- For more: How to login Blackboard?
- In the same browser that you have logged in Blackboard, visit the course self-enroll URL: https://blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk/webapps/blackboard/execute/enrollCourse?context=INMENU&course_id=_166252_1
- Click “Submit”.
- Click “OK”. You have successfully enrolled in the online course.